In the village Kastria of Achaia, 60km from Tripoli (tunnel at Artemision) and 9 Km from Kleitoria, lies the famous "Cave of the Lakes".
It is a rare creation of Nature. Apart from its labyrinth of corridors, its mysterious galleries and its strange stalactite formations, the "Cave of the Lakes" has something exclusively unique that does not exist in other well known caves. Inside the cave there is a string of cascading lakes forming three different levels that establish its uniqueness in the world.
Saint Andrew (Agios Andreas, Άγιος Ανδρέας in Greek) is a Greek Orthodox basilica in the east side of the city of Patras in Greece. Along with the old church of St. Andrew (which lies in a close distance) it constitutes a place of pilgrimage for Christians from all over the world.It is dedicated to the First-called Apostle of Christ, Saint Andrew. Construction of the church, of Greek Byzantine style, began in 1908 under the supervision of the architect Anastasios Metaxas, followed by Georgios Nomikos. It was inaugurated 64 years later, in 1974. It covers approximately 1,800 square meters (some other sources say 2,000). It is the largest church in Greece and the third largest Byzantine-style church in the Balkans, after the Cathedral of Saint Sava in Belgrade and Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Sofia. Over the central dome there is a 5 meter long gold plated cross and over the other domes there are 12 smaller crosses. These crosses symbolise Jesus and His apostles. The interior of the church is decorated with marvelous Byzantine style wall paintings and mosaics.
According to a lot of people, it is the oldest Monastery of Greece and one of the most impressive Christian Orthodox pilgrimages. It is 10kms out of the town of Kalavrita. It took its name (Spileo = cave) from the cave where the icon of Virgin Mary was found.
Panagia Tripiti (Greek: Παναγία Τρυπητή) is an historical sacred shrine of Theotokos in the town of Aigio, Greece.It is one of the most important orthodox shrines of pilgrimage in Greece. The shrine is dedicated to the Mother of God of the Life Giving Spring. It is built on a steep cliff almost 30 meters high, near to sea .The many and impressive miracles which occur through the intercessions of the Virgin Mother have cansecrated the church in the conscience of the faithful as a national shrine. Thousand of believers, from all over Greece, arrive at Aigio on bright Friday every year, to get Panagia's grace and to get Her blessing. This day every year there is a procession of the Holy Icon through the streets of Aigio and it is an official religious holiday. The name Tripiti comes from the Greek word tripa (Greek: Τρύπα) meaning hole,cave, because the miraculous icon of Panagia was found in a hole in the rock. In the narthex of the church (which is on the ground floor) there is a spring of water (Greek: Αγίασμα).The faithful drink this water as a blessing since it is believed that it works miraculous cures.
It is the well-known historic Monastery that is situated near Kalavrita of Peloponnese. There, on 18th March 1821, Bishop Paleon Patron Germanos Kotzas raised the flag of the Greek Revolution accompanied with rebels from Kalavrita.