It is a beautiful village with stone houses and fine courtyards, which was once the seat of a Frankish barony. The Chalandritsa churches on the bell towers of which Frankish influence is apparent, are striking. The 1928 excavations in the region, and, particularly, in western Achaia, brought to light Mycenaean-era tombs. Chalandritsa is 22km from Patras.
How to get there